Opening hours during the summer
Open weekends in June, 11-17
Open every day 1 July – 30 August, 11-17
A short introduction by our museum hosts
How we work to prevent the spread of Covid-19
We make sure to stay up-to-date with and follow the recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Sweden (Folkhälsomyndigheten) to prevent further spread of the virus and to ensure that your visit at Dalarnas museum is as safe as possible. The extra measures that we have taken in the museum buildings are the following:
- Plexiglass screen at the receptionist’s desk and counter.
- No cash. Payment by card or Swish only.
- Regular cleaning of card reader, counter and door handles throughout the day.
- Extra cleaning of public bathrooms, in addition to our regular routines.
- Extra cleaning of the museum shop, in addition to our regular routines.
- Restricted number of visitors in the building to 50 persons at any given time.
- For narrow passages and rooms in the exhibitions, please follow the posted signs and instructions. Access to certain areas has also been restricted.
- Restricted group sizes for guided tours to 8 persons per tour to ensure the possibility of adequate physical distance throughout the tour.
- Audio guides and digital study stations in the exhibitions have been replaced with QR codes which can be scanned with your own mobile phone.
Do not hesitate to contact staff at the receptionist’s desk or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions concerning your visit.
The museum and beyond!
Join us on the Dalarna Culture Tour, a round trip on which you’ll visit places that have played an important part in Sweden’s history. The culture passport allows you to discover the very best cultural experiences than Dalarna has to offer.