Dalarna's museum is for everyone and we are constantly working to improve the accessibility to our premises, exhibitions
and programs. With this description, we want to inform you about what opportunities there are when you join
disability visits Dalarna Museum. When you arrive at Dalarna's museum, the staff will help
at the reception you are welcome.
If you have questions before a visit to Dalarna's museum, you can email or contact our exchange by phone
023-666 55 00. We are also happy to receive comments regarding the availability from our visitors. Talk to
the staff at the reception or email us at the same address as above.
• Parking spaces are available on Hälsingtorget, opposite the museum's main entrance. Charge.
• Parking for the disabled is available on Hälsingtorget, opposite the museum's main entrance. Charge.
Getting on and off outside the museum's main entrance (approx. 50 meters from the entrance door) is possible.
• The museum has automatic door openers.
• Thresholds are missing.
• RWC is located on all floors.
• Unattended wardrobe and lockable cupboards.
Only guide dogs are allowed inside the museum's premises, no other pets are allowed.
• The languages on the signs are usually in Swedish. Leaflets in English, French and German are available for the permanent exhibitions.
Visitors with allergies
• The museum does not use strong scents on soaps or other cleaning products.
• No allergenic flowers are available in our public premises.
• We strive to avoid allergenic materials in exhibitions and interiors. In conjunction with
production of new exhibitions, there can still sometimes be dust and strong odors.
Visitors with hearing impairment
• Hearing loop is located in the auditorium and the entrance hall.
• At the reception there is a portable hearing loop that can be used when needed and for screenings, ask the staff.
• We always recommend our speakers to use a microphone.
Visitors with visual impairment
• Some of Dalarna's museum exhibitions can be perceived as dark. This is necessary as several of the museum's
objects are very sensitive to bright light.
Stairs are provided with color markings on the upper and lower steps.
Contrasting color is available on display pages and guideways on the floor in the museum's darkest parts.
• There are no tactile maps of the museum
• There are no audio guides to the exhibitions
Visitors with reduced mobility
• Our exhibitions are adapted for wheelchairs and permobiles.
• Two of our exhibition rooms / cultural-historical interiors have limitations in accessibility as they are among
otherwise not adapted for wheelchairs. Ask the staff.
• We have a wheelchair for lending.
• There is a lift to all floors.
• For programs in the auditorium and the entrance hall, there are reserved audience places for people with disabilities.
For families with children
• Changing table is available in RWC on the entrance level.
• Stroller available for loan.
• Rooms with toys where families with children can stay when there are no educational activities there.
• Regular programs for children - see website for current information.
• We strive for a child perspective in all exhibitions - remember that parents are responsible for their children in the museum's
The Kopparhatten restaurant is located in Dalarna's museum. Entrance from Faluån. For opening hours and more information: The copper hat